You can check the price of shipping to your country by adding items to cart then going to checkout (with no obligation to buy) then hitting the 'estimate shipping' button. Price and delivery method is based on total weight.
Biohome offers the best possible environment for bacterial colonisation and is capable of supporting aerobic AND anaerobic bacteria in a wide variety of filters and varied flow rates. Being capable of supporting the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria it ensures that natural processing of ammonia, nitrite AND nitrate can be achieved. For best results use approx. 1kg per 100 litres (for a normally stocked community tank). That should allow the balance of aerobic and anaerobic action from bacteria to achieve full cycle filtration.
Please note: Tanks with heavy stock and feeding (e.g. cichlid, goldfish, predator or fry tanks) and marine tanks may require 1.5kg - 2kg per 100 litres to achieve the full cycle filtration which will result in the reduction of nitrates. Do not worry about plant growth being affected in a tank which reads zero nitrates - the nitrate is processed into soluble nitrogen which is easily used by plants, boosting their growth.
Avoid using 'chemical filtration' products such as Purigen when establishing a filter as there seems to be a link between using some chemical treatments and failure of bacteria populations, especially anaerobic bacteria which can be wiped out by unnecessary chemical treatments. If you want to draw in colour from water or residual fish treatments use carbon as it will not kill bacteria.
Biohome media types and their most suitable filters:
- Biohome Standard = small internal, small external, DIY ornament filter, overhead, small HOB
- Biohome Plus = (as above)
- Biohome Mini Ultra = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Ultra = sump, shower / trickle filter
- Biohome Ultimate = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Maxi Ultimate = sump, shower / trickle filter
- Biohome Ultimate Marine = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Maxi Ultimate Marine = Sump
- Biogravel = small internal, small external, DIY ornament filter, under gravel, Biorbs